Friday, April 17, 2020

Happy Birthday Poppies

Hello friends.  I hope you all are staying safe and well.
I have another birthday card to share.
I was inspired by the Fusion Card Challenge when I saw the image with the poppies and the sketch.  I have used both for my card.
I stamped my poppies from Gina K. Designs Inspired Poppies on a piece of heavy white card and  used an oval to die cut it.  I colored it with SU Poppy Parade Blends and went over the stems with a green marker.  I added a pale wash with my aqua brush and lt. blue ink around the poppies.  The  sentiment from MFT's BB Greetings Galore is stamped with Versamark Ink on the black strip and embossed with white embossing powder.  The background panel is embossed with SU Pinewood Planks EF.  I mounted the poppy panel with foam tape.

I am linking to the following challenges:
CAS Watercolor Challenge - I hope the watercolor panel counts.  I used watercolor, stamping, heat embossing and dry embossing.


 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Knock on Wood
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave a comment.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful poppies, JoAnn! I love how the soft blue wash makes them really stand out and the embossed background! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty poppy card JoAnn, lovely design and nicely watercoloured, thanks for sharing with CAS Watercolour,Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Your poppy's pop against that wonderful textured background.
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful poppies, great blue wash, and nice texture from the wood plank embossed background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Watercolour.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.