Thursday, April 16, 2020

Blue Roses

This is my second post today. Scroll down for our Special Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Hello crafty friends.  I have a birthday card with blue roses to share today.  Blue is my favorite color and I think these roses from Sunny Studio Everything's Rosy look so pretty in shades of blue.
I stamped the flowers in SU Bashful Blue, Marina Mist (both retired) and Blueberry Bushel.  The sentiment is also stamped in Blueberry Bushel on an MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag die.  The leaves are stamped in Pistachio Pudding (retired) Pear Pizzazz and Always Artichoke (retired).  The lattice oval is from Spellbinders Floral Oval die set.  I die cut the oval and then embossed the panel with SU Ornate Floral EF, I thought it would go with the roses. I taped the oval back in the panel and added a piece of lt. green pattern paper behind it.  I mounted the embossed panel with foam tape.  The flowers and sentiment are also mounted with foam tape.

I am linking my card at The Flower Challenge - Spring/Autumn
http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-flower-challenge-43-springautumn.html

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you are staying safe and well.

Happy Crafting,
JoAnn

2 comments:

  1. Love these blue roses with the embossed background and oval die cut! Another beautiful card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour blue too and wish they had more luck making blue roses in real life, that would be amazing!! Your roses are stamped so perfectly and just love that 'trellis' window in the centre of the design. And adding the dry embossing gives it so much texture too, especially in the white. I'm so glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge and please stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.