Thursday, April 9, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Spring Fling

Hello Friends.  We have a new challenge for you at Seize the Birthday and this time our "Topping" option is Spring Fling.

This was a perfect time to use some of my many flower stamps but I chose this little gardener (MFT Loads of Thanks) who is getting ready to plant her spring flowers.  I stamped her with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored her with Copics, cut her with the matching die and mounted her with foam tape.  I made the background with an older grass stamp and cloud border die.  The sentiment is from a retired SU set.  I added a thin black mat to make the panel stand out more.

Be sure to check out all the lovely cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will be inspired to join us.

Thank you so much for stopping by.   I hope you all are staying safe and healthy during this trying time.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

13 comments:

  1. How darling!! I LOVE that PI girl and how you colored this in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet scene, JoAnn! Love the soft cloudy sky, the grass and that sweet little gal with her flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening - definitely a spring activity! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is delightful! Seems like gardening is something we CAN do now that we have the time for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your take on this challenge. This certainly means Spring to me. Although in Wisconsin, it is not quite arping yet. We go back on May 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card to celebrate spring Joann! The scene you made for your little gardener is terrific and she looks like she's all ready to go with her flower pots. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely, JoAnn, and so appropriate for this period of isolation. You did a great job coloring her and the sky and grass! Thank goodness we can still enjoy time in the garden! Take care and stay safe and Happy Easter! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a sweet scene, JoAnn! I love how you created the background! Stay healthy and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The garden might just be the place to find peace these days! Your card is pure delight! Love the little girl and the soft grass scene! Super job with this card Joann! Heart hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card JoAnn, love the scene you've created, perfect for balmy Spring weather. Couls work here too as we've had lovely mild Autumn days, great for cleaning up in the garden, take care, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That girl is making me jealous! Wish I had a garden to plant some spring plants too! But the card is such a gorgeous creation, JoAnn! Love the way you've represented spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an adorable card JoAnn. Such a perfect little spring scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.