Thursday, April 23, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Food and/or Drink

Hello friends and happy Thursday.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time Glenda would like us to use food and/or drink on our birthday cards.
I chose food for what's a birthday without a big birthday cake with pretty flowers on it. 
The cake and sentiment are from SU Happy Birthday To You.  I stamped the cake and colored it with SU Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green Blends, and a gray for the cake stand.  I then cut it with the matching dies and mounted it with foam tape.  I stamped the sentiment and fussy cut around the words and mounted them with foam tape also.  The pattern paper is Flirty Flamingo.  The white panel is embossed with SU Stylish Scroll EF.  I added Wink of Stella to the flowers and cake plate.  You can see it better in this photo. 

Be sure to check out all the cards by the Design Team over at Seize the Birthday and I hope you will be inspired to join us.  I will look for you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful cake, and this card is absolutely perfect in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make such light and feminine cards Like this. I love the fancy look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and I am not one bit surprised. As Barb mentioned you make the most softest and prettiest cards JoAnn. Love that you took that close up shot so we can see all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card, JoAnn! The Flirty Flamingo works so perfectly for a girlfriend card and that cake is looking pretty delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have that cake on my birthday! It's beautiful and looks yummy too! The nearly monochromatic design is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely bday card - love that gingham paper too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that cake is gorgeous!! I can actually imagine it irl, and I would be so conflicted - whether to cut that thing and eat it or preserve it forever, so I can enjoy the sight! Absolutely lovely card, JoAnn! I love the beautiful embossing and the pattern papers you've chosen for this too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card JoAnn, love all of the textures and papers you've combined them perfectly, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cake card, JoAnn! Love the soft colouring and the textured background.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty JoAnn! Great texture and fabulous layout - such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE all the layers and that FAB cake!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.