Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Happy Birthday for HLS

 Hello friends.  I have another birthday card to share today.


I had this blue paper on my table and the white strips from a Spellbinders die and decided to make a card with them.  I glued 3 strips horizontally and vertically starting from the lower left corner.  After adding the strips, I embossed the panel with SU Subtle EF (retired - but I love using it).  Then I had to decide which flower to use and settle on Honey Bee Lovely Layers Anemone.  I already had the leaves and bud cut from Pear Pizzazz card so I die cut the flower layers and bud from white and then blended Pacific Point ink in the centers of the layers and on the bottom of the bud.  I shaped the petals with my stylus and then glued them together.  I glued the flower in the lower left corner and glued the leaves under the edges of the petals.  I decided to add the pretty bud and like the way it turned out.  I die cut the sentiment with Memory Box Happy Birthday Posh Script die but did not use the shadow die as it did not need it.

 
 
 
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. I love how you used those strips of white on this dark blue card base! And that flower and bud are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card. Great shading on the flower - and those strips of white? Ingenious. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stripes of white really do look great against that fabulous blue! Though I'm not able to make out the embossing, I'm sure they provide a nice accent to the gorgeous flowers you have on the card. Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently received this flower die from a friend as gift and i was wondering and searching for inspiration to use it. Loved your card so much so that i die cut several flowers to use in upcoming days,,
    Thank you for joining us at HLS die challenge, stay safe and keep crafting..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I like how you added color and dimension to the petals and bud of the flower. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

    Sue N.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.