Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Thinking of You with Gilding Flakes

 I finally got to play with the gilding flakes to make this card inspired by the Group of Seven Cardmakers.  Love the different techniques they inspire us with and  this month they are dry embossing with gilding flakes.  Here is my card using this technique.


I used gold and copper gilding flakes on a scrap piece of white card that I had applied double sided sticky sheet to.  After pressing and burnished the flakes on, I then embossed it with SSS Vine Canopy EF and swiped Staz-on Black Ink over the raised areas several times,  I used the outside die from Pink & Main Diagonal Die to cut the black panel and then a stitched rectangle die to cut out the center to make a frame.  I heat embossed the sentiment from SU Go To Greetings in gold on a strip of black and glued it diagonally under the edges of the frame. I trimmed the embossed panel and glued the frame over it.  I then mounted the panel to the white card base.  I am pleased with the final result and enjoyed trying this technique.

Check out there blog and try the fun techniques they share, plus all the inspiration from the designers' cards.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful mix of copper and gold gilding flakes, JoAnn! Love the embossing and where the black ink highlights the raised portions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning copper and gold Elegant Thinking of you card with the black framing, JoAnn! Isn't this just such a creative and beautiful way to use Gilding Flakes?!? TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO pretty JoAnn! love the mix of gold and copper flakes in different sections - and the black ink rubbed over the raised bits really highlights the design of the EF - the scalloped edge framing is lovely as well! so glad you tried this out and shared it with the Group of Seven! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is gorgeous JoAnn! Sorry I'm just commenting now. Getting caught up from when I was in hospital. :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.