Thursday, April 13, 2023

Using Alcohol Ink for Seize the Birthday

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Shirley has chosen the theme of Alcohol for our topping option.  Remember it is an option choice - the only requirement is that is has to be for a birthday.

 

  

I used alcohol inks in green, yellow and orange on Yuppo paper (made for alcohol inks).  I dropped ink drops on the paper and then blew them with a straw to mingle the colors.  I really like the way it turned out. When the inks were dry but still tacky, I rubbed gold foil over it to give it some shine.  I die cut Memory Box Dream Butterfly from gold foil card.  I traced around the die on the inked Yuppo paper and then fussy cut the bottom layer for the butterfly.  I did add a gold die cut body & antenna from another butterfly set.  I glued just the center of the gold die cut butterfly to the cut out butterfly and then glued just the center on a Soft Sea Foam panel embossed with Spellbinders Leafy 3D EF.  I added a sentiment strip on the lower section of the panel, matted with black, and then glued the whole panel to a black mat, and then to the white card base.  The sentiment is from a retried SU set.  I also added two orangeish rhinestones to the sentiment strip.  The gold foiling doesn't show up well under the fold foil die cut butterfly, but is so pretty IRL.

 


Be sure to check out all the great cards by our party guest and the Design Team over at Seize the Birthday.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

13 comments:

  1. Your butterfly looks amazing and that embossed background is perfect. I wish I had thought of using alcohol inks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty - love the detail on that butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty butterfly! I love how well your inked panel came out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bflies with inked panel - excellent! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello JoAnn! Your card is my favorite one in this challenge. It is simply striking and creative. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnn, another beauty even if it isn't a flower! *wink. the alcohol ink background for the butterfly is really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ink and gold make for such a stunning butterfly. Love the subtle background texture too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, JoAnn! The soft leaf background is perfect for that vibrant butterfly. I must remember that tip about adding gold foiling while it’s still tacky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this JoAnn. Your AI is perfect for this butterfly. And your soft, embossed background is lovely. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning butterfly JoAnne, love the colours, might have to try and recreate this look! You did an awesome job fussy cutting the butterfly base layer too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's fantastic! I love all the details on the butterfly; the colors are so bright and awesome! The soft embossed background is a perfect match. Great card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your butterfly is absolutely stunning JoAnn! Love it! The textured background goes with it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.