Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Focus on Background Stamping

 Hello friends.  I have 2 cards to share today that I made for The Flower Challenge - Focus on Background Stamping.

 

I was inspired by a lady's blouse at church Sunday.  It was navy with open white flowers that  reminded me of SU Cheerful Daisies I just received.  That is an outline image and a fill-in image in the large flower and the small flower.  I just used the fill-in stamps and embossed them in white on a navy background.

I made the one with the large flowers first and then added a sentiment on a white strip punched with a border punch.  The blouse did not have anything in the flower centers but I dressed my flowers up with some fancy rhinestone gems from Hobby Lobby.  I liked the final result but thought I would also try it with the small bloom.

I added plain rhinestones to the centers of these blooms. I die cut the navy panel down to 5-1/4 x 4 to show the white card base and to bring in more of the white.  I die cut the edges of the sentiment strip with a small scallop die and added small rhinestones to it.   I used the same sentiment from a retired SU set on both cards

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


2 comments:

  1. White on Navy is so striking. Great designs JoAnn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The navy and white is so elegant, JoAnn. Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.