Friday, April 21, 2023

Honey Bee Cone Flower Birthday

 Hello friends.  I am sharing a new birthday card today.  I finally got the Honey Bee Cone Flower Die and this is the first time I have used it.  

 
I die cut the petals from Powder Pink card stock (retired SU) and ink the centers with darker pink ink.  I then glued all the layers together at the top (love the dimension of the flower).  I die cut the cone part from Crumb Cake and inked the top layer with Crumb Cake ink to darken it some.  The leaves are cut from Wild Wasabi (retired) and the edges inked with the matching ink.  I shaped the leaves before gluing them under the flower petals.  I mounted the flower on a panel embossed with an Anna Griffin EF Matelasse, and die cut with a stitched rectangle die.  I mounted this to a thin Wild Wasabi mat.  I glued the sentiment strip across the lower part of the panel and added 2 small green enamel dots.  The sentiment is from a retired SU set.  I cut a thin strip of green and added it for a stem as the die set doesn't have a stem and I like the way it turned out.

I will link this to AAA Birthday Challenge - layer it up.
 
 
also to Darnell's NBUS challenge 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


5 comments:

  1. Such a sweet shade of peachy pink, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this big, beautiful coneflower, JoAnn! Your sponging gives it such depth and the embossing folder gives it a wonderful place to sit! This is a very special birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That flower is amazing! Beautiful card.

    Thanks for joining us at The AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card TFS over at AAA Birthday this time and hope to see you again in future challenges Elaine DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful flower! I love your soft pink shading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.