Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Thinking of You

 Hello Friends.  This is my second post today, scroll down for my Color Throwdown #810 post.

I made this card for a friend that just got out of the hospital after major surgery.


I used Rusty Hinge DOI and inked a piece of off-white card to die cut Spellbinders Sunflower Serenade 4 times and then layered them.  The center pieces were cut from SU Soft Suede and Crumb Cake.  The leaves and stems are cut from SU Shaded Spruce.  I embossed a panel of off-white card using Spellbinders Diamond Plaid EF, then mounted it to a Crumb Cake panel and then to the card base. I glued the sunflowers to the bottom section of the card, cutting the stem a little shorter on one of the flowers..  The sentiment from SU Layered Leaves is stamped in black on a stitched oval and mounted with foam tape.

I am linking to the Color Hues Challenge as I used their current colors to create my card.
 
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. Hi JoAnn, I just love your take on our colors. Amazing job of inking to make the beautiful shade of rust. The embossed background perfectly complements the pretty die cuts. Fabulous! We're so glad you join us regularly to play at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific take on the colors, this is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite sunflower die I own! Gorgeous card, JoAnn! The sunflowers look so pretty in rust!
    Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are the prettiest sunflowers, JoAnn and I love how you've done them in rust! Great play with these colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.