Thursday, September 5, 2024

Embossing on Vellum

 Hello friends.  I have a new birthday card to share today.  I did the embossed vellum technique the Group of Seven Cardmakers are doing on their blog this month.



I used the smallest butterfly from Penny Black Butterfly Trio and stamped it several times on a piece of Vellum and then embossed it with white embossing powder. I didn't stamp on the back (I missed this in the description) but I colored the back of the vellum with yellow and orange alcohol markers, then trimmed the vellum to fit inside a die cut Mama Elephant frame from Framed Tags - Madison Avenue.   I had an older lt. blue pattern paper and cut it to 4-1/4 by 5-1/2 and glued it to the white card base.  I then mounted the famed panel to the card base and added a sentiment from a retired SU set.  I like the finished card and am glad I tried this technique.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

4 comments:

  1. Your butterflies look wonderful embossed on the vellum and the color shows through beautifully, JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simplicity is wonderful, lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card JoAnn. Love those butterflies heat embossed on vellum. Adding the colouring with your alcohol ink markers really makes them stand out. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty with the embossed and coloured butterflies. the card is so elegant ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.