Monday, April 29, 2024

Blackout Technique

 Hello friends.  I have a birthday card to share today.  I used the blackout technique (also called reverse embossing) that I have seen in several places lately.  I watched this video on the technique and wanted to try it so this is what I ended up with.

ETA:  Yea, my card was the top winner at April Can You Handle the Pressure Challenge. 

Winner's Badge


I used Simon Says Stamp Peony Bundle embossing folder and embossed my white cardstock.  Using the de-bossed side and blending brushes, I blended SU Pretty In Pink on the flower sections, with a little Flirty Flamingo in the centers, and SU Soft Succulent on the leaves.   After the ink-blending, I took Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink pad and swiped it over the panel several times to cover all the white area.  Of course, some of the black ink got on portions of the flowers too, but I still like the final result.  I matted this panel with a Pretty In Pink panel and then to the card base.  The sentiment from SU Go To Greetings was mounted with foam tape to the center of the image.

I will add this to Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge with a feminine twist
Please Grab Our Badge 
 
and to Darnell's NBUS as this is my first time using this embossing folder (and also using this technique)
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this technique, but I sure like the way it looks! You've done a marvelous job, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work, JoAnn - love the pink with black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! AMAZING card JoAnn. The black background is so dramatic and makes those colours sing! Great work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the pink shows up against the intense black! Wow, this is really a great technique! Thanks for sharing the video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a card I made with this technique sitting on my desk just waiting for a place to use it. Yours turned out so beautiful, JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card, JoAnn. You are such a talented artist and I enjoy your cards very much. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I enjoy and appreciate blog friends.
    If you can, I'd love to have you come play along in my challenge. You could win some lovely prizes from our generous sponsors. We are very blessed to have awesome companies provide our challenges prizes. I do hope you'll come play along when you can. The challenges are always Anything Goes/Family Friendly. It would be a treat to see your wonderful cards linked up in the gallery. Have a blessed and creative week.

    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - My Personal Blog
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - My Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh JoAnn this is just gorgeous! I love this technique and your card came out beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulation on your Win JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so striking! I like this technique too and used it in a recent class. My people loved doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.