Thursday, May 9, 2024

Beach theme for Seize the Birthday

 Hello friends.  It is Thursday and time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Vicki would like to see a beach theme on our cards.  Of course, the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.

 


 For the penguin and palm trees I used an older MFT set - Penguins in Paradise.  I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored them with SU Granny Apple Green & Crumb Cake blends for the trees and Black to color in the penguin.  I had a couple of Copics on my table so used them to color in his beach towel.  The trees and penguin are mounted with foam tape. The sand section is a piece of torn Sahara Sand cardstock.  I blended some Crumb Cake ink around the penguin and trees for shadows.  The sentiment from Gina K. Birthday Sentiments is stamped in Early Espresso ink.  I blended Bashful Blue ink for the sky and Marina Mist for the ocean.  I also stamped some ripples in the ocean with Marina Mist and an older SU retired set.  I punched a 1" circle from yellow for the sun and added a few sun rays with a marker. 

Be sure to check out all the fun beach scenes by the team over at Seize the Birthday and join in our fun challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

13 comments:

  1. what a lovely scene you created!! love the penguin enjoying relaxing on the beach! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way I want to spend my birthday! Cute card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the way I'll celebrate my birthday, minus the palm trees. Cute card, JoAnn. I just hope that penguin doesn't get a sunburn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relaxing on the beach without a care in the world! That is what I see here! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the sets I own too, JoAnn. This is a cute beach scene! Love the torn edges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, JoAnn! I adore your beach scene with that cute penguin basking in the sun. Oh that looks so lovely and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little penguin JoAnn, he looks so happy in the sun, love the added texture in the waves and sand too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. He’s so fun! Looks like he’s comfortable laying in the sun. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great beach scene and I love this fun penguin sunbathing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card JoAnn. That penguin looks like he's having a wonderful, restful time at the beach. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute little penguin enjoying the sun and beach. Fun card, JoAnn. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card made me smile, JoAnn, with that cute little penguin. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh that's cute! Love the penguin relaxing on the beach. Lovely card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.