Sunday, April 28, 2024

Color Hues - Pink & Yellow

 Hello Friends,  I have a birthday card made for the Color Hues Challenge - Yellow & Pink.

 

I have been thinking of how I wanted to use these colors on a card and after reading Hannelie's Altenew post on Adding Color to Stamped Images, I thought this idea was perfect so this is the card I made.

I made a mask with an large oval die and also with Altenew Watercolor Stripes Cover Die for the stripes.  I adhered them both together and then over the white panel.  I used blending brushes and SU Pretty in Pink & Daffodil Delight ink for the stripes.  I then used Spellbinders BetterPress Plate and a flower from the Flower Stems BetterPress stamp & die set to stamp the large flower image over the striped section.  I die cut the image, mounted the panel on the card base and then mounted the stamped image with foam tape back in the cut out.  I also used SU Daffodil Delight Blend to color in the flower center.  The sentiment is from Spellbinders Fancy Sentiments Strips BetterPress Plate & Dies.  I did use a different die to die cut it and mounted it with foam tape over the flower stem.

 You can see the dimension better in this photo.

I really like the finished card and enjoyed trying this technique.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn



7 comments:

  1. As soon as I saw this in the gallery, I knew where your inspiration came from, and what a fabulous job you've done here! I love the oval mask and the pastel hues of pink and yellow you chose. The floral, too, is lovely, and the dimension you added makes it stand out. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS perfection and absolutely BEAUTIFUL JoAnn!! This card totally stands out in the gallery and you've used the challenge colors so beautifully! LOVE this card! Thanks so much for sharing this lovely card with us at The Color Hues Challenge! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done, JoAnn! I think this might just be a new favorite from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too, had a feeling where you were inspired. This turned out so well, JoAnn! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stripes are always fun, and they look so pretty paired with the bold floral. You did a fabulous job with this technique, JoAnn! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see the way you were inspired to used my technique JoAnn! It looks so beautiful in the soft pink and yellow! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great technique, JoAnn! I love the shades of pink and yellow you used and that is the perfect flower to put on top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.