Thursday, January 26, 2023

Happy Birthday for Color Hues

 Hello friends.  This is my second post today as I just received my new embossing folder (Spun Glass)  from Simon Says Stamp and I wanted to play with it.   I created a card for the Color Hues Challenge using it.

 


I embossed the white panel with the SSS Spun Glass EF and mounted it on a pink panel cut with an MFT Blueprints 27 die, then mounted it to the white card base.  I used Spellbinders Club Blooms (Large Die of the Month Club) to cut the flower and buds from white cardstock and sponged them with Real Red ink.  The top buds are a little lighter and I made the bottom ones darker red.  The leaves and sprigs are cut from Crumb Cake (a neutral).  I stamped the sentiment from SU Art Gallery in Real Read ink and die cut with a flagged end die.  I mounted the sentiment and the flower with foam tape and glued the leaves and buds under the flower petals.  For a final touch I scattered a few clear rhinestones around and added a fancy rhinestone to the flower center.

I have to link this one to AAA Birthday Challenge #45 - Anything Birthday Goes also as I love the way it turned out.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


8 comments:

  1. So pretty JoAnn. LOVE your new embossing folder ... what a lovely backdrop for your pretty flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous! I love everything about it: the embossing folder is wonderful, & you've done a fabulous job of coloring the flowers. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Joanne, all the details of your card are so eye-catching, especially that beautiful large bloom! It looks fabulous against that amazing embossed background. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, for got to add my name on the last comment! ;-) Stef, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, JoAnn! I love the shades of pink to red and all those berries with the sweet flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Joann. Thank you for sharing your work with us on the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh absolutely beautiful! Love your take on the challenge colors JoAnn . Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful..
    Thank you for joining us at AAA BIRTHDAY challenge..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.