Monday, January 16, 2023

Make My Monday Challenge

ETA:  My card was chosen as one of the Top Four at January AAA Birthday Challenge.

 

 Hello friends.  I have some exciting news to share - I found a new challenge to play in and they were looking  for new DT members.  I played in the challenge and was invited to join the Make My Monday Challenge Design Team and am so happy to be sharing my first card for the challenge.


The first challenge for 2023 is to choose your favorite theme from 2022 for your card.  Of course, I went with a birthday theme as I am always making birthday cards for friends and family.  I  chose Challenge #185 - Birthday Wishes.  Here is my card.


For my card I embossed a Smokey Slate panel with Gina K. Designs Lattice EF and then swiped white ink across the raised areas for a little more definition.  The white panel is cut with Pinkfresh Studio Braided Oval die.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Little Delights (ret.) and added the oval panel with foam tape to the gray panel.  The flowers are from SSS Delicate Flowers.  I stamped them on watercolor paper with Versamark ink and embossed with black powder.  I used SU Berry Burst ink (ret.) and my water brush to watercolor the flowers and Old Olive for the leaves; then added a little Crushed Curry ink to the large flower center.  I glued these around the bottom of the oval and added a little foam tape under the leaves off the panel.   For a final touch,  I scattered a few clear rhinestones around for a little bling.

Be sure the check out which 2022 theme the designers chose over at Make My Monday and join in with our challenge.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. Hi, JoAnn! Firstly, welcome to the MMM team! We are so happy that you joined us and I look forward to seeing all of your pretty creations. Your card is beautiful and I'm glad to see SU products on your card. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the pop of color with the pretty flowers! Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card JoAnn. Congrats on being on the Make My Monday team! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations for being chosen for the new Design Team, JoAnn! Love your card with the embossed background and beautiful red flowers! Great job of swiping ink on the raised areas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. Congrats on your DT position too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Yeah! Congrats on being on the design team. You always bring lots of inspiration, so you are a great choice for getting this challenge up and off the ground. I love your card and the lattice and everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious card, love the bright flowers and the pretty background die cut. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.