Monday, January 30, 2023

A New Technique

 Hello friends.  I have a card to share using a new technique to me after seeing a new blog using old/new techniques.  It is called Group of Seven Cardmakers and was created by Loll and several blogging friends.  Can't wait to see all their creative endeavors.

 

After seeing all their beautiful cards I had to try the technique they were using - I used a crumbled paper towel and pounced Versamark ink on a black background and then sprinkled Liquid Platinum  and Rose Gold embossing powders over it, heat set with my heat gun and watched the pretty background appear.  I used Pinkfresh Studio Stitched Scallop Rectangles, mounted with foam tape, to frame the background.  I then die cut Simon Says Stamp Stacked Layered Daisy Stem twice to layer it for dimension.  The daisy has 2 layers so that is 4 layers on the flower.  I glued the daisy as an angle and then added the sentiment form Pinkfresh Studio Perfect Sentiments stamp and die set.

10 comments:

  1. What interesting results, JoAnn! Your card is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and artistic card JoAnn! Love the metallic embossing powders on the dark background. So happy that you enjoyed the technique! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you jumping on this technique, JoAnn! You did a fantastic job with this background and the layered daisy is so pretty on it! Love your choice of embossing powders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card! Isn't this a fun technique and so easy. I love the daisy and scalloped frame you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. isn't it fun trying new techniques, love your artsy background with the EP. Thanks for joining in with us ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a compliment to all of us that you love the new blog and jumped right into trying our Creative Embossing technique! Thank you, JoAnn! Your paper towel embossed background is gorgeous and just perfect for the layered daisy and frame! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous use of the technique! And thank you for pointing me in the direction of that blog. I don't tend to be a technique person but I'd like to push myself - this one sounds fun and fairly easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning heat embossed metallic background on your black cardstock, JoAnn. I just saw your beauty on the Group of Seven Cardmakers Linky:-) I am loving their new Technique site too:-) TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous creative heat-embossed background, JoAnn! Two metallic colors on the black cardstock with a unique pattern look amazing! The white frame and the white daisy highlight the beauty of the background, making a great contrast to it.
    Hideo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this JoAnn! so glad you tried this technique! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.