Thursday, March 17, 2022

Happy Birthday in Green and White

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and I am the hostess this week.  I have chosen the theme of Green and White for our "Topping" option since it is St. Patrick's Day.  If you are not into the "Topping" option, your card/project just has to be for a birthday.  I hope you will join us in this fun challenge.  


I had several thoughts on these colors but finally decided on flowers (no surprise there).  I used the small daisy from SU Daisy Lane stamp set and stamped it 4 times in Soft Sea Foam, stamping off first before stamping for a lighter effect.  I punched them with the matching punch and shaped them with my fingers, then glued two together and added a green rhinestone to the centers.  I embossed a panel of Soft Sea Foam CS with Spellbinders Plaid EF.  The white panel is die cut with a SU Ornate Layers die.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Happy Thoughts in Wild Wasabi ink and mounted the panel with foam tape.  I mounted the flowers with foam tape also and added Pear Pizzazz leaves die cut with a SU Forever Flourishing die.   I cut it apart and spread it out.  The final touch was the 3 small green rhinestones under the sentiment.

Be sure to check our all the fabulous cards by my teammates and our party guest over at Seize the Birthday.  I look forward to seeing your creations in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. I love this pastel green embossed background with the sweet daisies, JoAnn! What a beautiful, soothing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, JoAnn! These soft colors are wonderful, and everything ties together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color-GREEN, and you made the colors work perfectly. Very delicate and fragile looking and with class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these SPRING daisies! they are so refressing and light. Thanks for the challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! This is gorgeous. Love the soft springtime feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The softness of the background and your pretty dies makes for another pretty card! Perfect topping too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, JoAnn! The plaid embossed panel is the perfect background for the pretty die cut panel and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous! I love the soft green in this card, and the lovely embossed panel. What a elegant looking card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card JoAnn, love the plaid ef with the ornate frame and your flowers are beautiful as always, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely! The textured background is fabulous and your white flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.