Thursday, September 24, 2020

Seize the Birthday 200th Challenge

We have a special challenge for you today.  
Seize the Birthday is celebrating its 200th challenge.  Woohoo!  We are so grateful to all of you that have helped us reach this milestone. 

MAKE SURE you read the entire post so you will understand the rules for this challenge!
 
So for this challenge, Nancy is offering ...
2 Twenty-Five Dollar Simon Says Gift Certificates to both of our Top Winners.

And to add to the fun... we have 4 Mystery Design Team Members that have prizes up for grabs on their blogs.  However, the requirement to win ANY of those prizes is, you must go to ALL of the Design Team's blogs and leave each one of them some love! We all need a little love in our lives these days.
Also for your post, we are asking you to explain how exactly you were inspired by our graphic!

Let me explain our topping. 
 For this challenge we want you to make a card and/or project that is inspired by the graphic below.  Whether it be the colors, the balloons, the watercolor vibe, or the numbers, etc. Whatever sparks your creativity. 
 Remember for this challenge only, we are asking you to explain in your post how exactly you were inspired!

  Our "Topping"


So we are NOT having an option of Anything Goes
 for this challenge. 
I was inspired by the colors, the watercolor look, and the balloons.
I used watercolor paper and added Melon Mambo, Gorgeous Grape and Bermuda Bay inks with my waterbrush.  I die cut the Happy using SU So Much Happy dies and then cut each letter separate.  I also cut it in black and offset it to look like a shadow.  I stamped the cute bear from MFT Beary Special Birthday, die cut him with the matching dies, and colored him with Promarkers.  I stamped the balloons separately on pieces of the watercolor paper, pieced them together, and added  twine for the balloon strings.  The white panel is embossed with SU Subtles EF and lightly sponged with blue ink over the top section.  I matted the sentiment strip with Bermuda Bay and added it to the embossed panel.  The bear and balloons were mounted with foam tape.  All this was glued to the Melon Mambo card base.
 
I am one of the Mystery Design Team Members and this is the prize  I am offering:
Simon Say Stamp Circle Loops die and Newton's Nook Peony Blooms.

I will also link my card to AAA Birthday - Animals & Critters.

 
Don't forge to check out all the designers cards over at Seize the Birthday and remember to leave a comment on their blogs as four Design Team members have prizes up for grabs.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

40 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to tell you that I love your inspiration for this card. Just adorable and so sweet. Glad to see a different take on our logo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this bear is so cute, and I love how you did his balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cute teddy card and how you worked the logo colors into your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bear is so cute! Love the colors for the balloon and birthday greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you picked up each and every color for your letters! This card is darling! Thanks for being a mystery hostess!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh JoAnn this is such a sweet little card! And I love how you pulled in the logo colors ... adorable! WOW what a fabulous prize you are offering too! GREAT job and wonderful inspiration! I sure hope I get time to join in the fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such an adorable birthday card! Your bear is so cute, and I love the multicoloured happy letters.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super sweet! I especially like your multi-colored letters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi JoAnn:
    Your card is ADORABLE! The teddy bear is precious, and your sweet colors are lovely. What a great inspiring card for the Seize The Birthday Challenge. I can't wait to finish my card and play along. Hope you're staying healthy and happy.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. JoAnn, this little bear is so cute holding those balloons and the "happy" is colored exactly like the logo colors, which I guess is the whole point, but it sure is striking the way you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute and I love the multi-coloured sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have used these colors perfectly, JoAnn! I love how you've done the letters! This is such a happy birthday card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you made your colored paper and die cut the letters. This is so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Squeeeee! So cute bear and I love the happy. Fab card.. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet birthday bear and lovely mixed coloring on your letters!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun design JoAnn, love the colourful sentiment and sweet little bear, great take on the logo, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. so cute the colors and bear are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the 200th challenge and what a sweet card, love bears and how fun how you did the letters , hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bear and the small balloons are so cute! You represented the colors of our logo so prettily in your card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah your card is adorable, what a great make, that wee bear is delightful. Hopping on by via Seize the Birthday, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're card is so pretty! Love how you incorporated the colors on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  22. First up congratulations on the 200 challenges, that's quite a milestone! Loving your pretty colours and of course the balloons - they're always a favourite with me. Adorable bear too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Jo, This is so stinking cute.
    Love that bear with his balloon.

    Pls be safe & sound during covid 19.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a great card. Love the offset black behind the letters. Thanks for playing along with this months theme at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fun and adorable card! Love how you've incorporated the colors in your card - the mixed colors look awesome and it has all the colors there too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations to STB for their 200th challenge! WOW! I love your take on the logo, JoAnn. What an adorable bear with his balloons and little giftee! Love the colored lettering, too! Take care! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your sweet teddy is ready for the party. I love the lettering. I have a similar die and should try that with some of my leftover bits. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a sweet little bear and a beautifully colored sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a HaPpY card, JoAnn! LOVE the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so cute. Colors are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a cute little bear holding the balloons and I love your background!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The colors in the word "HAPPY" and the balloons remind me of cotton candy. Come to think of it, so does the challenge logo! lol Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable and sweet. Love the cute bear with the balloons and the tie dye colours on the text.
    _penguinparade

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love the watercolour look of your card JoAnn. That little bear is very cute clutching his gift and balloons :)
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ooh, your bear is gorgeous, JoAnn, and I love the colour coordinated balloons and sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is so cute JoAnn! Love the textured background and the fabulous sentiment & balloons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.