Monday, September 7, 2020

Masculine Birthday Card

Hello friends.  I have a masculine birthday card to share today.  I made it for a friend at church.
I used SU Woodland EF and inked the inside top half of the EF with Pool Party ink and then stamped the trees in Mossy Meadow Ink before gently closing the EF and running it through my Big Shot.  I love how you can ink and stamp on the embossing folders to give the design a totally different look.  I cut the panel down, added a thin black mat and adhered it to my card base.  The deer is from a Memory Box die and cut from retired Tip Top Taupe Cardstock and mounted with foam tape.  The sentiment is from SU Blossoms in Bloom set and die cut with an MFT Stitched Fishtail Flag die.  I placed it back in the die to cut the other end and mounted it with foam tape.


(I chose green, brown, and trees)

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

11 comments:

  1. JoAnn, So many beautiful cards including this one. I keep meaning to comment on the others you have created, but always seem to get sidetracked. You are an inspiration! Stay safe and Well! Bernie Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this technique with my embossing folder. I need to remedy that! This is an awesome masculine card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your use of this technique turned out beautifully JoAnn. Love the colors you used and that handsome die cut stag. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, that embossing folder technique adds so much dimension.Love the deer silhouette in front too, really creates a lovely scene. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, JoAnn! This technique, which I have never tried, produced an absolutely stunning masculine card. I LOVE it. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players and Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this technique! Thanks for sharing with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card with lots of texture. Perfect masculine card. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect masculine card. Fabulous inking and stamping on the EF before embossing it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful scene you created, Joann! I love the added texture on the trees. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just lovely! I love your technique and beautifully it turned out. Thank you for linking up at this week's Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this stamping and embossing technique and it resulted in a beautiful card. Outstanding job and a lovely card for that gentleman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.