Thursday, March 12, 2020

Seize the Birthday - A Touch of Green

Hello friends and happy Thursday.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time Vicki would like us to have a "Touch of Green" on our cards.


The flower I used is from SU February Paper Pumpkin kit.  I stamped it, colored with SU Petal Pink and Old Olive Blends, and then fussy cut it out.  I mounted it with foam tape on a panel die cut with Spellbinders Hemstitch Rectangle die and then embossed with SU Subtle EF.  The sentiment is from SU Happy Birthday to You (a free Sale-a-Bration set).  I cut the sentiment apart so I could stamp it on the panel.  I added the panel to an Old Olive mat, so the green would peek through, and then to my card base.

I am linking this up over at The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes.


and to AAA Birthday - Flowers


Be sure to check out all the great cards by my teammates over at Seize the Birthday and I hope you will join us in this fun challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

14 comments:

  1. The pink is so pretty with the old olive - lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the delicate way you have coloured the flower and that embossed background is perfect to complement it. Thanks for playing along with this months theme at AAA Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've colored the flower with a hint of pink and then given the leaves a proper coating of green. Looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely flower and I love the way the green peeks out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilted background to put that perfectly colors flower and leaves on. The border die is on that I sue a lot as I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mix of quilt EF and that great edged die cut! Looks fabulous together! Super sweet card! Stay well my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring of the floral image, I especially like to soft pink of the flower. The die cut with the green mat peeking through is a fabulous touch as well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card JoAnn, love that frame with the peek of green and the soft pink bloom, gorgeous! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully subtle colours, so pretty. Loving the embossed quilted background too. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, please come back and join in with future challenges too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty JoAnn! I love the green peeking in behind and the fabulous quilted embossing. Perfect background for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, JoAnn!The quilted background is perfect for that gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.