Friday, March 1, 2024

Happy Birthday for JUGS

 Hello friends.  I have a birthday card to share today.  I made my card for JUGS Challenge -  using the colors from Color Throwdown (Sage, Rose, Burgundy).

ETA:  My card was an Honorable Mention at Just Us Girls.


I chose to copy Carol McFarland on the JUGS DT.  Love her layout with the 4 circles and the sentiment in the center and the white panel with the scallop edges.  I used Taylored Expressions Playful Plaid Background stamp to stamp a white panel in SU Soft Succulent ink (ret.).  I trimmed this panel and mounted it on a white panel cut with MFT Blueprints 27 die for the scallop edges.  For the circles I punched 4 white circles and matted them on Merry Merlot scallop circles.  I die cut 4 flowers from MFT Box Card Bouquet in SU Rococo Rose (ret.) and mounted them to the circles. I added Soft Succulent die cut leaves and a rhinestone to the centers of the flowers, then mounted the circles with foam tape.  I glued this panel to a Soft Succulent panel then to my white card base.  The sentiment from SU Sweet as a Peach (ret.) is stamped in Merry Merlot ink and mounted with foam tape.

  
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

9 comments:

  1. I spotted this in our gallery and was so happy to have you joining us this week, JoAnn! This is a marvelous CASE of Carol's card. Love all of your layers and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JoAnn...fabulous CASE of Carol's card! Love it! Amazing that you could also work in Color Throwdown's colors! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun CASE of Carols card! Great flowers. Thanks for sharing at JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. These flowers are so pretty with the plaid background, JoAnn! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this JoAnn! Your colors and those pretty die cut flowers are perfect together. Also happy that you chose my card to CASE! Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely take on the throwdown colors! That plaid background is so striking and I love your layout! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne... I am always so happy to see your beautiful cards in the gallery! So glad you are CASEing us this week. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous JoAnn. Love your case of Carol's card. Beautiful flowers and that background stunning. Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great CASE! I love the color combo for your sweet flowers and that background looks fabulous with them. Thanks for playing along with us again here at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.