Saturday, March 30, 2024

Cover Die-Eclipse

 Hello friends.  I have a new card and a new technique to share today.  I saw the Group of Seven Cardmakers technique of Cover Die Eclipse. After seeing the teams lovely cards and watching Gina K's video I had to give it a try.

After looking through several dies and cover plates I finally decided on Pinkfresh Studios Choose Hope stamp set and Simple Diamonds Cover Plate, and this is the card I came up with.


I cut 2 panels of 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 white panels and stamped the image on both panels using my SU Stamparatus.  I colored the images with SU Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Blends and then cut one panel with the Simple Diamonds die.  I also cut 2 more plain white layers and glued them together and then glued the cut stamped panel on top for dimension (I saw Gina also did this in her video).  I like the dimension it gives.  I glued these layers over the stamped image, aligning it up, and then glued to my white card base.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Go To Greetings and flagged the ends.  I mounted the sentiment with foam tape in the middle and glued the ends over the die cut.

You need to check out this fun technique over at Group of Seven Cardmakers and give it a try.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful JoAnn!! You picked a perfect image / cover die combination. Thanks for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Loll, JoAnn, you picked well and created a perfect example of this fun technique! It's a beautiful card and we love that you played with us! Happy Easter! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a wonderful job using this technique, Joann! Your card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, I am in love with your card! I watched that video but never did anything with it! so happy to see your card and now I am inspired to try that technique myself! Your flowers are so striking with that extra layer popping up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing colouring with the eclipse technique, I'm so glad you tried the technique with us xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so far behind! It's good to catch up and see this beautiful card! You had a perfect die and stamped and colored image for this technique! Awesome results!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is So pretty JoAnn! Your rose looks like it's growing through a trellis with that lovely cover die cut you used! Thanks for sharing with us at GO7! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.