Sunday, February 4, 2024

Alcohol Inks with Gilding Flakes

 Hello friends. I have a couple of cards to share today.  I made these with the technique the Group of Seven Cardmakers are using this month.  I thought it would be fun to try it.

Group of Seven Cardmakers

I used Yuppo paper and 3 shades of Ranger Alochol Inks Monsoon, Pool, and Glacier). After squirting them on the Yuppo I blew them around with a straw (no puffer tool), adding a little Alcohol Blending Solution in a few areas. When the panel was dry in most places, I dabbed some gold gilding flakes on.  I really like the finished panel and decided to make 2 cards with it. I cut a panel to fit behind Avery Elle's Starburst Oval Die  and cut the die from white, I glued the Yuppo panel to the card base and mounted the die cut panel with foam tape.  I die cut Honey Bee's Anemone die from white cardstock and blended some blue ink to the centers, glued them together and then added a center die cut from the alcohol ink panel.  The leaves are cut from SU Pear Pizzazz. The sentiment is from an older SU set and I embosed it in gold and die cut it with a stitched die and mounted with foam tape under the starburst panel.  I really liked the finished card, and so did my daughter.


For my second card I die cut a Cottage Cutz Stitched Sqare from the Yuppo panel and mounted it with foam tape to a white panel embossed with SU Tuffted EF (ret.).  I stamped the Hero Arts Poppy in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with SU Sweet Sorbet and Old Olive Blends. I then die cut it with the matching die.  I did trim some of the white around the flower, then mounted it with foam tape.  The sentiment is an older Verve stamp stamped on a stitched shape from SU Enduring Beauty dies., and mounted with foam tape. I like this one too.

I will link to the Triple B Challenge
Please share our badge! 
 
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


7 comments:

  1. Thank you JoAnn for sharing your 1st card with us at Group of 7 and your 2nd card as another Gorgeous Alcohol Ink with Gold Gilding Flakes cards:-) Both cards are Stunning. Hope you join us again. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, JoAnn! I love the depth on your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work JoAnn!! Both cards are stunning!! Your AI panels with gilding flakes are so beautiful and make amazing backdrops for your gorgeous flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Group of Seven! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh JoAnn! I just LOVE the blue AI's you used on your panel - so pretty with the gilding flakes and two beautiful cards created with your lovely florals! thanks for sharing with us at GO7! Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh JoAnn ... these are both just stunning! LOVE your design idea (mind if I case?) and the colors are so striking! Nicely done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got great results with this technique, JoAnn! Love the movement of the blue with the gilding and the anemone is gorgeous with the blue center! Love the other piece with the poppy! Two gorgeous cards, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. both cards are gorgeous, I especially love the CAS design of the second card. Thanks for checking out the technique at GOS xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.