Thursday, February 22, 2024

Seize the Birthday - Red as the Main Color

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and I chose the "topping" to Use Red as the Main Color.  I thought it was perfect for a February challenge.  I hope you have fun playing in this challenge.

 

I have a lot of red on my card and of course flowers.  I used Impression Obsession Dotted Argyle background stamp and stamped it in SU Real Red, and then matted it with a Real Red mat.  The pretty blooms are from SU Two-toned Flora which is a 2 step stamp.  I stamped the detail image in Real Red and then for the full image I stamped in Real Red but stamped off once before stamping over the detailed image.  The leaves from the same set are stamped in Gumball Green.  I used the matching dies to cut both the blooms and the leaves and glued them to a white panel cut with SU Radiating Stitches dies.  I used the next to the largest die but put it back in the die and cut one end to make it smaller.  I wanted more of the lovely background to show. I mounted the panel with foam tape.  The sentiment is from an older SU set and I love the font in it and use it quite often.  I added 3 red rhinestones to finish my card.

Be sure to check out all the Team's cards and our Guest Designers.  I know they will inspire  you.

I will link to the Triple B Challenge with my pretty blooms.

Please share our badge!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

15 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the background image you used and it looks so pretty stamped in red! This is fabulous, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fun challenge! Your card is fantastic and I love love that background and thought it was a stencil. So pretty in red and that addition of the flowers is your master touch. I like that you used the trik to make a smaller die when you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoAnn, thank you for this fun challenge! Your card is quite striking. I love all your red!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, thanks for the great challenge. Red is one of my favorite colors. Your argyle background is perfect for your red blooms. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the argyle background with these gorgeous red flowers, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful coloring on your big blooms - and what a lovely background stamp used! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this challenge as I don't often use much red. Your card is just lovely as can be! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bg image - goes wonderfully with your red flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful design, JoAnn! The argyle stamp is the perfect backdrop for those pretty flowers.
    Hugs,
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty floral JoAnn, I too love the background stamp and how you've showcased all that lovely red :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful my friend. The background is so perfect in red. Thanks for choosing one of my fav colors for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh JoAnn this is just AWESOME! Love the red/white background! BEAUTIFUL!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just gorgeous! I love the big reg blooms and the argyle background looks just awesome! What an amazing card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete

  14. Thank you for this challenge - I love it! Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous and the lattice goes perfectly with it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, JoAnn! The argyle background is perfect for those full blooms. Thanks for the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.