Thursday, June 1, 2023

Happy Birthday for Color Hues

 Hello friends.  When I saw the new Color Hues Challenge with the colors of Aqua & Red I had to make a card right away.


I had to decide if I wanted to use die cut red flowers or stamped flowers so I used SU Two-Tone Floral and stamped my 3 flowers.  The two lighter ones were stamped only in Real Red, stamping off once for the lighter base shade and full strength for the detail image.  I used Cherry Cobbler ink for the detail of the darker flower and Real Red full strength for the base layer.  I stamped the leaves from the same set in Tempting Turquoise and colored the leaves in with  SU Lt. Tahitian Tide Blend.  The sentiment from SU Peaceful Moments (ret.) was stamped in Temping Turquoise and die cut with a stitched oval die and matted with a Tempting Turquoise scalloped oval mat.  The white panel is embossed with my new Altenew Basic Plaid 3D EF and I love the look.  I mounted the embossed panel to the card base and then mounted the sentiment and darker flower with foam tape.  I glued the two lighter flowers down and glued the leaves under the edges of all the flowers.  I really like this color combo and am glad I was able to make a card using it.

All the ladies at the Color Hues Challenge have done a great job with this color combo, be sure to check them out.  I know you will be inspired.
 
 
I will also link to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as this is the first time I have used this new EF.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I like that embossed background! It was a wonderful choice for your flowers. Lovely card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your lattice background ... really shows off your beautiful red blooms and aqua leaves. Gorgeous card JoAnn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lattice background is just perfect for your beautiful blooms. A very lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joann! I could not believe that panel was embossed - the detail is amazing and I thought for sure it was die cut! I just love these flowers growing wild on this gorgeous lattice! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, JoAnn! I love your lattice background and at first glance I didn't realize it was an EF. Such a lovely card! Thanks for starting the gallery for us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you can't decide whether to use a die or a stamp, it's a perfect solution to use both, JoAnn! I love the pretty e/f and how you used the Color Hues for your flowers! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.