Monday, June 19, 2023

Make My Monday - On the Water

 Hello friends.  We are starting a new challenge at Make My Monday and the theme is On the Water chosen by Dawn.


I used this loon image from a retired SU set Moon Lake.  I love the images in this set and couldn't part with it.  It is great for masculine cards.  I colored the image with SU Blends and blended Pool Party ink for the sky section.  I die cut the image with a stitched oval die and mounted it on a Lost Lagoon oval die cut.  The pattern paper is also old and matched the Lost Lagoon perfectly.   I cut a 1-1/4" slit in the center of the panel and folded it from the corner to the fold (I think it is called a collar fold).  I saw several cards with this fold on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try.  I mounted this on a white panel and stamped the sentiment from SU Artistically Inked set.  I added a 3/8" strip of the pattern paper before mounting the image with foam tape.  This is all mounted to a Lost Lagoon card base.  I am pleased with the final result.

Be sure the check out all the great cards by the team over at Make My Monday.  I hope you will join in our fun challenge.
 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

6 comments:

  1. I can see why you couldn't part with this stamp set ... it's fabulous. Love the way you've coloured your water scene ... and that loon - beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So calm and pretty, JoAnn, love this image - it was such a great set! Looks perfect with that DSP - such a clever fold-back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cool fold---and I love this image too! Especially in these colors! Lovely card, I think I may have to CASE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love how you've made the collar on this card, JoAnn! The colors are fantastic and the loon is so handsome! I see why you couldn't part with this set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not surprised you are pleased with the outcome - very striking. Love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever way to use double-sided patterned paper! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge. Apologies for the late comment.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.