Saturday, June 17, 2023

Happy Birthday for Color Hues

 Hello friends.  I have a new birthday card to share.  I made this one using the colors at the Color Hues Challenge - Green & Yellow.  Of course I thought of flowers right away.


I wanted to use my new SU Sketched Plaid stamp so I stamped a white panel in Granny Apple Green and matted it with Pear Pizzazz (which seemed to match perfectly).  I punched two large daisies and two medium daisies with SU punches (retired) from some lt. yellow I had on my work table.  I shaped the petals with my stylus before gluing all the layers together and then added a glitter gem to the center.  The leaves are cut with a Spellbinder's die and the sprigs from SU Cheerful Daisies, and then glued under the edges of the daisy petals.  The sentiment from SU Happy Thoughts was stamped on a stitched oval die cut and mounted on a scallop oval die cut.  I mounted the sentiment and the daisy with foam tape.

I am linking to the following challenges:

  
 
 
 
and Darnell's NBUS Challenge (my first time using the Sketched Plaid stamp) 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

6 comments:

  1. This happy yellow flower looks perfect on the green plaid background, JoAnn! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those lovely floral elements work together so well against the plaid background! A delightful card and sure to make the recipient very happy! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gorgeous flower has the perfect spot over the pretty plaid background. I LOVE those shades of green, great job, Jo Ann! Glad you played again at Color Hues, we love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lemon yellow daisies, so summery against the trellis background. Thanks for sharing at Color Hues and HLS Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that dimensional bloom! It looks amazing paired with the plaid! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really great birthday card. I love your yellow flowers. Thank you for sharing it with us in the HLS Birthday gallery.
    Bożena DT HLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.