Saturday, November 12, 2022

Turquoise and Mustard for The Color Hues

 I have been thinking how I wanted to use these colors sand this is what I came up with after trying a couple different layouts..


I die cut a panel from Tempting Turquoise (SU) with a Scalloped Contours die and embossed it with the Painted Texture EF.   The flower is made with my new Spellbinders Button and Daisy Chrysanthemum die.  I die cut double layers of the 3 largest flowers from white and blended More Mustard ink over all the layers, making it darker in the centers.  I glued the layers together offsetting them and added a white enamel dot to the center.  I mounted the flower with foam tape and added white die cut leaves using Altenew Leaf Mix Die Set (lacy leaf) and a retired SU die (small leaves).  The sentiment from Waffle Flower Essential Sentiments stamp & die set is stamped with Tempting Turquoise ink, die cut with the matching die and mounted with foam tape.

I am linking to the Color Hues Challenge

 

and also the NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) Challenge

Grab our badge to display on your blog.

 Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:


  1. This pretty flowers just pops off the turquoise background. I love the way you embossed the scalloped panel. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Chrysanthemum, JoAnn...it certainly is getting our attention. Such a pretty card! Thanks for taking the time to join us at Color Hues. I certainly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yellow flower is GORGEOUS, JoAnn! I love how the color pops off that pretty turquoise embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that Painted Texture EF, and the flower is just fabulous! You chose such pretty shades of our 'hues' and made a super pretty birthday card. Thanks so much for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the touch of embossing behind your flower. Thanks for sharing with us at NBUS. Hope you continue to share your creations. Bonnie GDT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.