Thursday, August 4, 2022

Happy Birthday - No Stamping

 Hello friends.  We have a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Glenda has chosen No Stamping as our "Topping" option this time. Remember the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.

I had this pale green panel already embossed with Spellbinders Diamond Plaid EF and used it as the background for my flower and sentiment.   The layered sentiment is from Memory Box Happy Birthday Posh Script die.  The base layer is white and the top layer is cut from a new SU In-Color called Sweet Sorbet.  The PTI Into the Blooms: Dahlia is also cut from Sweet Sorbet.  There are 3 layers all glued together in the centers.  I added the black center from another flower set.  The leaves are from Memory Box Exquisite Leaf Set cut from a sage green in my stash.  I clipped one of the leaves off  to make it fit under the petals and glued them under the flower petals.  The flower and sentiment are mounted with foam tape.  I added this panel to a black mat to make it stand out better and also coordinate with the flower center.

I hope you will check out all the great cards by the team over at Seize the Birthday and join in our challenge.
 
I will link to Happy Little Stampers Birthday - Anything Goes 

and also linking to the AAA Birthday Challenge - Anything Goes. (I  am sure I linked this at AAA Birthday but couldn't find it so am linking it again).
 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. What a really pretty card JoAnn. It’s fun when you have some pieces already created and then you can put together a really beautiful card like this one. I love the soft green with the bright red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is pretty!!! The florals are so beautifully set off my your lovely background texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! You use of dies worked perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me, and I don't know why it is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card JoAnn, I've had my eye on those MB leaves, they look lovely with this flower. Love all the gorgeous texture too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! I love all the Posh Script dies and the sentiment works so well with this gorgeous flower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours you have used. The embossed background is really effective to highlight the flower. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, JoAnn. I love the texture of the embossed background and the lovely flower. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card! That textured background is perfect with that fabulous card. Thank you for using my favourite colour for challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job! The clever use of the embossing folder and die cuts makes this card possible with no stamping! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that embossing folder background, perfect to showcase your bloom. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.