Thursday, August 18, 2022

Seize the Birthday - Follow a Sketch

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and it is my turn to host.  I chose a sketch to follow.  Sketches are a great place to start when you need a starting point or a little inspiration..

 

Here is the sketch 

 

and here is my card 

I embossed the white panel with an older EF from Lifestyle Crafts called Courtyard 2 - it was a set of 2. The pattern paper is some older SU paper.  The flower and leaves are from a new SU set called Happiness Abounds.  I stamped them in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with SU Blends - Lt. and Dark Daffodil Delight, with a touch of  Lt. Pumpkin Pie for shading.  The leaves were colored with Lt. and Dark Old Olive.  After die cutting them, I mounted the flower with foam tape and glued the leaves under the petals.  I stamped the sentiment from SU Happy Thoughts and die cut with an Ornate Frames die, then mounted it with foam tape also.

Be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by the team over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will join us for this fun challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


 

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sketch challenge. I don't rember doing one before. I struggled at first, but I did use up some of my PP, which I have a ton of. I like ho wyou used some texture and the colors of your card too. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the sketch JoAnn! Let's do that again! I had fun with this and appreciated using pp instead of trying to color in a background scene to make it look more realistic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch JoAnn! LOVE your gorgeous yellow rose. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how this turned out, JoAnn! Such a wonderful mix of patterns and textures, and then there's that lovely yellow rose! Great sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally loved your sketch, JoAnn! I really enjoyed it. As for your gorgeous card, totally not surprised one bit. Love yellow and white together. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the fun challenge JoAnn, it definitely stretched me, but I enjoyed it :) Love all of the texture and patterns on your pretty card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautifully balanced, JoAnn. I’m a bit sketch-challenged, but enjoyed being pushed out of my comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was fun to have a sketch topping!!! Fun sketch and beautiful card JoAnn.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a gorgeous yellow rose! Perfect and balanced use of colors and the pattern papers as well. Thank you so much for the sketch challenge, JoAnn! It was difficult, but I had fun and was so happy in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for this fabulous sketch challenge. I love your bright and cheerful colours and you coloured the flower perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, gorgeous card! The rose is so beautiful and you've paired it with such fabulous papers. Thanks for a great sketch. I really enjoyed creating with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.