Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Happy Birthday in Emboss Resist Technique

 Hello friends.  I have a new card to share today.  I made this one with a new technique I tried for the first time, emboss resist for the CAS Mix Up challenge.

 

I have used wet embossing, stamping, die cutting and sponging.


 I used the Altenew Grid Stencil and stamped my Versamark ink pad over the center part and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I sponged Speckled Egg DOI over part of the embossing for a background for the lovely flower spray from Taylored Expressions Bursting Blooms.  I stamped the image in Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with SU Calypso Coral and Granny Apple Green Blends.  I cut it with the matching dies and snipped the top section off so it would fit on my card.  I embossed the sentiment from a retired SU set and cut it into a banner shape.  The blooms and the sentiment are mounted with foam tape.

I will also link to MYNBUS challenge as this is the first time I have used the Grid Stencil and the Bursting Blooms stamp and die set.
Grab our badge to display on your blog. 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping, 
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. Love the design of your subtle background. Looks terrific behind your gorgeous flowers, JoAnn! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the emboss resist technique for your soft stenciled grid background, JoAnn. Beautiful stamped, colored and die cut floral image and stamped sentiment too. Perfect for a pretty and special birthday card. So pleased you joined us at CAS Mix Up Emboss Resist. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful background using the Emboss Resist technique, JoAnn! Love these flowers in the pretty coral color. Great job of coloring too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. The flowers are beautiful and I love the stencilled background you’ve created. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
    Liz - Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the subtle background with your beautifully-colored flowers!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.