Thursday, January 21, 2021

Twofer Challenge and Just Us Girls

 Hello friends.  This is my second post today and I have two cards I made for the two challenges:  Twofer Challenge and Just Us Girls Challenge

 

This is my first time participating in the Twofer challenge but since it was for flowers, I had to join in. 

I originally made the card with the blue stripes for Just Us Girls Challenge
  

I used scraps of blue and cut different widths, added them to a transparency and then die cut it with a stitched rectangle die.  I stamped the sentiment on the bottom strip and then mounted it with foam tape to the panel embossed with the Ornate Floral EF.  The white flowers are die cut with Memory Box Daisy Silhouette.

 Then I remembered the Twofer challenge was for flowers so I made another card using the same flowers.


For this card I embossed the white panel with the Stone EF.  I had the scrap of green pattern paper and cut it to 4 x 5-1/4" and then cut it in half diagonally, and then again.  The sentiment is stamped on a stitched oval die cut which I inked light around the edges before removing the die.  I mounted this with foam tape.  I die cut the flowers and colored them with Promarkers and then mounted them on the sides of the oval.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate the visit and your comments.
I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. Nice job. I love both of these cards! Great job using the shades of blue it looks great! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pretty daisy flower designs, JoAnn, and your great use of embossing for texture! Your birthday card design is really cool with the stripes in different blue hues over a transparency and I love the way you designed your second layout with the angled cut of the pp and beautifully colored daisies! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #34! Keep safe and well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two very different and equally beautiful designs, JoAnn! I love how you've done the stiped background and must remember to give that a try! Your diagonal embossing and gingham make a perfect background for the fun yellow daisies! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Twofer Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful Daisy designs JoAnn!! I absolutely LOVE your first card with the stripes and transparency sheet...what a cool look and those silhouetted daisies really pop against it! The design on your 2nd card is just as pretty and nothing says comfort to me like green, yellow, and daisies together! (reminds me of the movie "You've Got Mail"!!) Thank you so much for sharing both these beauties with us at The Twofer Challenge and we hope you'll come back and play with us again! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JoAnn, you have created fantastic flowers twofer. Blue stripes with the transparency between them makes fantastic effect. White daisy is very nice. Your second card has a fabulous design with geometric shapes and dry embossed details. Flowers are wonderful colored. Thank you for playing on Twofer Card Challenge #34.
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.