Thursday, January 21, 2021

Seize the Birthday - Use Vellum or Transparency

 Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time Ashwini has chosen the topping option of Transparency or Vellum.  Remember it is an option and the only requirement is that your project has to be for a birthday.

 

For my card I used some pattern paper I had on my table in pink and navy.  I added a mat of Night of Navy.  The flowers, leaves and sentiment are from Gina K. Stippled Flower Stamp and Die Bundle.  I stamped the images in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored the flower with SU Flirty Flamingo Blends and the leaves with Granny Apple Green Blends.  I fussy cut them out and added the flower with foam tape to a die cut Night of Navy circle.  I added the leaves under the flower and then added the circle with foam tape also over the end of the vellum strip heat embossed with the sentiment.and black embossing powder.  I folded the end of the vellum around the pink paper and taped it down.  For a final touch I added 3 clear rhinestones for a little bling.

Be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by the team and our guest designer over at 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

 

7 comments:

  1. I often forget that this is a classic way to add a sentiment without obstructing the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty color combo -- lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty! Great use of patterned paper with this beautiful flower image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card JoAnn! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love pink and navy together, the dp is perfect with that pretty bloom, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with Barbara - I totally forget to use vellum for sentiment too! Awesome card, JoAnn - the pink and blue look wonderful together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely JoAnn - great layout and fabulous details.
    I agree with Ashwini and Barbara - must remember to use vellum for sentiments - thank you for the reminder. It looks fantastic on your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.