Thursday, July 30, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Tic-Tac-Toe

Hello friends.  It is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and this time Ashwini has a Tic-Tac-Toe grid for us to choose from for our birthday cards.  Remember it is an option and the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.
I chose the diagonal line from top right to bottom left - one image, flowers, large sentiment.  Of course I had to choose flowers. :) Thanks Ashwini for adding flowers.

The flower image is from SU BIrthday Blooms (retired), but I love using it.  I colored it with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol, then fussy cut it out.  I sprayed it with my shimmer mist spray (70% alcohol and a few drops of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint), then mounted it with foam tape to a white panel that is embossed with the new SU Tasteful Textile EF.  The large sentiment is die cut with SU Well Said dies.  I cut if from brown card as I colored the flower stamens with brown.

You can see the shimmer a little better in this photo.

Be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by our party guest and my teammates over at Seize the Birthday.  Hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

10 comments:

  1. I love the delicate texture your new embossing folder adds to the main panel, JoAnn! Gorgeous colouring of the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that the center of the tic tac toe is flower. I see all of the pretty cards that were made, but this one is simply stunning. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty flower that goes perfectly with the large sentiment, JoAnn! I love how that embossing folder resembles watercolor paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful yellow bloom!!! Gorgeous coloring with touch of shimmer! I love the subtle texture in the white panel too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why you like this flower JoAnn. You showcase it beautifully! Great coloring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty. I like the way you colored those flowers with the yellow

    ReplyDelete
  7. That’s such a pretty flower, JoAnn, no wonder you like to use it. I love the texture of the background, looks like watercolour paper.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous shimmery bloom JoAnn, it's such a pretty focal point. Love the subtle look of the embossed background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I needed the flowers in the board for myseld too, JoAnn! ;) But really, your penchant for flowers really delivers some brilliant cards. Thanks for yet another beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful as always JoAnn! Love the shimmer and the textured background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.