Thursday, July 16, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Non-Neutral Card Base

We have a new challenge for you at Seize the Birthday and this time Glenda has chosen "non-neutral card base" for our Toppings option.  Remember the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.
I thought about what color I wanted to use for my card base and I had this piece of Blueberry Bushel on my table, along with the pretty flower from Tasteful Touches stamp set already stamped in blue, so I thought that was a great place to start.  I chose Spellbinders Venise Lace to die cut a panel of white. I stamped the sentiment using two different stamps.  I had to trace over the word birthday (Simon Says Stamp) as a couple of spots did not stamp well.  Happy is from SU Well Said.  I mounted this panel with foam tape and added the pretty bloom with foam tape also.  The leaves from SU Forever Fern are stamped in Garden Green, die cut with the matching die, and glued under the edge of the flower petals.  I sprayed the flower and leaves with a mixture of 70% alcohol and Champagne Shimmer Paint for some glittery shine - it looks so pretty in real life but doesn't show up in the photo.

Be sure to check out all the fabulous cards by my teammates and our guest designer Jen over at Seize the Birthday and I hope you join us in this fun challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Such a lovely shade of blue. YOu wouldn't know the "birthday" stamp gave you trouble, looks great! (I occasionally wonder if SSS stamps are just a micron thinner than others, they do have a habit of not stamping well for me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blue flower is stunning, I just love it and the blue card base makes it pop out! fabulous card, JoAnn! Heart Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blueberry colored card base, JoAnn! It's the perfect background for the dainty die cut frame and beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flowers on cards and this one is so charming. That blue background is the best, it if the fancy touch on this card. A fun challenge for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore backgrounds that are just subtle enough but give a card the WOW factor. This card does just that. Congrats on your win over at TPP too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the blue flowers and that pierced frame. GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning with that gorgeous blue base!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful CAS design, JoAnn! Love the white panel cut with the Venise Lace! The dark blue peeking through the holes looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card JoAnn, love that shade of blue and the diecut frame is so pretty, as is your shimmery bloom, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, JoAnn - you really bring out the best look for flowers in your cards! I love how beautiful the flower looks with the blue!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, JoAnn! I like the diecut panel, and your flowers are coloured beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That blue is so rich - great choice JoAnn! The die cut panel is perfect with those flowers. Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.