Thursday, June 18, 2020

Seize the Birthday - Watercoloring

Hello friends.  It is Thursday and time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday.  For this challenge Nancy would like us to use watercoloring on our birthday project.
For my card I stamped one of  the blooms from Altenew's Wallpaper Art in Versamark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.  I then added some Candied Apple DOI to a stamp block and used my water brush to color the bloom.  The leaves are from another stamp set and I colored them with Peeled Paint DOI.  The sentiment is an old SU stamp I have had for a number of years but I like the fancy font.  I added 3 red sequins for a little bling.  The black background die cut is Altenew's Cozy Flannel Cover Die.  The sentiment oval and bloom are mounted with foam tape.

Be sure to check out all the lovely cards by the designers over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope you will join us for this challenge.  Remember, if your not in to watercoloring,  the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. Wow! This is fantastic and ingenious. I love your color combination and the background is impressive. That watercolor flower is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that black and white plaid background with the pretty red flower! One of my favorite color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great choice of background for this pretty flower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bold, graphic effect from the plaid and your wonderful poppy really pops against that background. Fabulous
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty JoAnn. Red and Black is so striking together. Love the fun background too. Be well my friend. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your background die cut in black really makes that gorgeous red flower POP off the page. GORGEOUS design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I never get the black embossing right - it just scatters all over the place messing everything up. Glad yours turned out so good, and it looks lovely in red too! Love how you've paired it so well with the black die cut as well. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely, JoAnn. I really like how the red pops against the black, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous bg with the pop of color - fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  10. That plaid diecut background really sets off your poppy, JoAnn! I love the pops of red too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous red flower and the checkered black & white background sets it off beautifully, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lovely JoAnn! Your watercolouring is terrific and I love the die you chose for the background - goes really well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.