Friday, June 5, 2020

Birthday Wishes

  I have a birthday card to share today.  I just got this Spellbinder's Layered Colorful Blooms die set and wanted to use it so I made a card for a friend at church.
I die cut the flowers from white and layered them, then added the yellow centers.  I shaped the petals a little with my fingers.  The leaves are cut from 2 shades of green and layered.  I sponged Blue Jeans DOI in the center of the white panel and added the blooms around it.  I die cut birthday from SU Well Wishes stamp & die set (retired) 3 times and glued them together.  I stamped wishes on white card and added it with foam tape.  The flowers and leaves are glued just in the centers.  I added a thin black mat and then glued to my card base and my card was done.

I am linking to Just Add Ink - Just Add F.  Of course the first thing I thought of was flowers.  If you follow me or visit my blog, you know I love making floral cards, they are my favorite.

I will link to Darnell's NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) Challenge as I have had the Well Wishes set for over a year and this is the first time I have used it.
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

15 comments:

  1. What a delightful birthday card, JoAnn! Just love the blended blue behind your trio of die cut flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these frilly daisies on your brithday card for a friend. Just enought blue in the background to make them stand out. Hope that you are well and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty daisies, JoAnn! I love how they stand out against the sponged background. I think you'll get lots of use out of these dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fresh and pretty. The blue inked background really helps make those blooms pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a whiz when it comes to designing with flowers, JoAnn! These daisies are gorgeous in triplicate and I love how blended the center of the card and added your birthday sediment! Keep staying safe and thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why, but the flowers reminded of lotuses - maybe because there's a blue behind them - even when I can clearly see that they are daisies! I love the look of this card - so clean and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those daisy die cuts are wonderful. I might need to check those out. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, JoAnn. Love those daisies! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you used the blue sponging to draw the eye to the centre JoAnn, then framed it with your daisies! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a gorgeous card for your friend JoAnn! I love the rich blue you’ve used as a background. It really makes the petals in your daises pop. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OF COURSE F WOULD BE FLOWERS! SUCH BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS AND CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love daisies and this has dimension and is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous card JoAnn and I love the pretty daisies - so fresh and sweet.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi JoAnn, daisies are fresh and fun and yours are so pretty! I love the dimension the die cuts add to your card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.