Thursday, January 31, 2019

Seize the Birthday - Black and White

Hello friends and happy Thursday.  We have a new challenge for you over at Seize the Birthday and this time the "Toppings" option is to use black and white only.  Remember it is an option and the only requirement is that it be a birthday project.
I stamped the floral image from SU Southern Serenade in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and had to resist coloring it, but I think it looks great with the b/w theme.  I also added some pearls to the flower centers.  The sentiment and banner die cut are from a Hero Arts set.  I fussy cut the black mat and then mounted it with foam tape.  The pattern papers are from First Edition Black Out 12x12 pad, and matted with black.  

Remember to check out all the fabulous cards by my teammates and our party guest Julie,  over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope to see you in our gallery.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

14 comments:

  1. I love the simple black and white image and the papers are perfect to accompany it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I agree, the stamped flower looks great in b&w and really suits the background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card JoAnn, love the layout.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore how you matched the pattern papers on your card to make that flower image work so well without color. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love that you've left the flowers uncolored. And the black matting does wonders to the design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card JoAnn, I struggle with layers but yours complement each other perfectly, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. JoAnn, I love the simple black and white image and you have selected the perfect complimentary papers too! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's so much going on but the black and white colour scheme brings it altogether so perfectly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful, JoAnn! The flowers in the black patterned paper go so well with the main floral image! What a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice design and the B&W is striking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, JoAnn! I love how the patterned floral paper complements the outline stamped flower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the elegance of the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty JoAnn. I love the mix of patterns and the terrific layout. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.