Thursday, October 12, 2023

Seize the Birthday - Hot Pink & Lime

 Hello friends.  Happy Thursday, it is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Shirley has chosen the colors of Hot Pink & Lime for our "Topping" option this time.

 

For the hot pink flowers I used SU Medium Daisy Punch (ret.) and punched 6 daisies, layering 2 for each flower.  I shaped the petals with my fingers before gluing them together.  I then added a white enamel dot to the center of each flower.  I die cut the leaves from white with a die from Spellbinders Club Blooms and inked them with SU Parakeet Party ink. The sentiment is from SU Artistically Inked stamp set.  I flagged the left end and then blended a little of the green ink around the edges to help it stand out from the white background. I mounted the sentiment with foam tape to a background die cut with The Greetery's Herringbone Parquet Die.  I just received this die and was anxious to use it.  It has a woodgrain texture to the slats and I love the way it looks.
 
I will also link to NBUS as this is the first time I have used my new die.
 
 
 
Be sure to check out the teams cards using this color combination. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. Those pretty flowers do look wonderful on the Herringbone Parquet background! That die is waiting for me to put it to use! Thanks for having me at Seize the Birthday! Being a guest designer is such an honor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful CAS design, JoAnn! I like the interest the background adds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background on this lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card JoAnn. Those flowers are perfect on that lovely die cut background. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I don't know how I missed that background from The Greetery, but I love it too!! Wonderful card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pink flowers but was very interested in the background. That Greetery background has been on my mind, and I really love it. I recently used their ship lap die and layered that, but it was a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card, JoAnn. I think I need that background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You didn't disappoint me. *wink* Beautiful flowers .... and now I think I need that parquet background die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card, JoAnn! Hot pink and lime colors can be really bright, but you have managed to tone them down and make them lovely. And that background - wow! Enabled! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell (Sorry to be so late. I'm just home from travels and trying to slowly get caught up. It's good to be home!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous textured background for those pretty daisies JoAnn, such a pretty card, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great design, JoAnn! Those hot pink flowers look fabulous on the herringbone parquet background - I may need to get that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your big bold flowers JoAnn! Great layout and the background texture goes perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.