Thursday, October 19, 2023

Happy Birthday in Kraft & Yellow

 Hello friends.  I am sharing a birthday card I made using the colors at the current Color Hues Challenge of Kraft & Yellow.

 

I die cut the flowers from a lt. yellow (Recollections) using an older MFT Sunflower die set.  I cut 6 layers of the smaller flower in the set and layered 2 each for my sunflowers.  I shaped them with my stylus to give a little dimension.  The centers are cut from SU Crumb Cake (kraft), as are the leaves, which are from a Spellbinders die set.  I added the veins to the leaves with a dk. brown marker and also shaped them with my fingers before gluing under the flowers.  The white background is embossed with SU Dainty Diamonds EF (retired).  The sentiment panel and mat are cut with SU Countryside Corners dies.  I trimmed the kraft mat down a little before adding to the card with foam tape.  The sunflowers are also mounted with foam tape.  The sentiment is from SU Happy Thoughts (retired).

I will also link this to Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. It occurred to me recently that I own no sunflower dies and only one sunflower stamp. Your lovely card inspires me to add one (or more) the next time I'm placing an order. Your sunflowers are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pretty flowers are awesome! What a great way to make someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely way to say Happy Birthday! I like your soft yellow sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this elegant card ! A beautifully balanced design. Thanks for playing at Color Hues ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your sweet sunflowers, JoAnn! I have a feeling you have never found an EF that you didn't like. LOL. Great card my friend and thanks for linking up at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm quite sure THIS is the yellow Hannelie had in mind, JoAnn! Just perfect in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card, JoAnn! The embossed background and die cut sunflowers are so lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.