Monday, October 30, 2023

Christmas Blessings

 Hello friends.  I am sharing a Christmas card I made using the technique at the Group of Seven Cardmakers.    You have to do stenciling over a heat embossing.

Group of Seven Cardmakers

I used a Stampabilities Music background stamp (from Hobby Lobby) which I have had for several years and this is the first time I have used it.  I stamped it with Versamark ink and embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold embossing powder.  I was inspired by Bonnie's beautiful poinsettia card using this technique so I used the Tim Holtz Poinsettia Layering stencil for my stenciling along with Lumberjack Plaid and Pine Needles DOI.  I messed up the top poinsettia when buffing it with a paper towel, so I cut it down using a Spellbinders' Fluted Classics Rectangles die.  I placed it back in the die to cut it shorter and then matted it with SU Shaded Spruce cardstock.  I glued this to a white panel embossed with Spellbinders' Scenic Poinsettia EF.  The sentiment is from SU Wrapped in Christmas, also matted with Shaded Spruce, and then mounted with foam tape.

The below photo shows the gold embossing better.

I enjoyed this technique and am looking thru my background stamps to try it again.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn


7 comments:

  1. I agree...you can't make just One card using this easy and fun technique. Great for Christmas cards too. TSF JoAnn and joining our Group of seven Linky Blog:-) I especially Loved your heat embossing music note with gold EB Powder...so pretty with your stenciled poinsettias:-) TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card JoAnn. So happy you tried this month's technique from Group of Seven and shared on our blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy I inspired you, JoAnn! I love your poinsettias with the gold embossing. I think you splotch was a happy accident because the fluted edge and spruce matting make this even classier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job with the technique, this is pretty! Love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy you tried our technique with us this month. I absolutely love the gold embossing and that's on my next to do list. All mine were in white♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. JoAnn, I love your Poinsettias! I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one to find something new in my stash! What a pretty sheet music stamp!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is SO pretty JoAnn with your gold embossed music behind your lovely poinsettia stenciling! And what great texture added with your die cut edge on your panel - thank you for sharing with us at G07! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.