Thursday, October 26, 2023

Seize the Birthday - Add a Sky

 Hello friends.  Happy Thursday - it is time for a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Vicki wants us to Add a Sky. With that in mind, I made this cute card for a little girl at church.

 

For my sky I die cut a SU Scalloped Contours Die from white and then sponged some DOI Speckled Egg over it using a Taylored Espressions Cloud Die.  This is the first time I have used that cute bunny image from Penny Black called Flying By. I stamped him with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with SU Blends Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green.  I also used a lt. gray Copic marker around the edges of the bunny image.  I then fussy cut the bunny and mounted him with foam tape to the sky panel.  The sentiment in the top right corner is from the same stamp set but I masked off the word "Hi" and than stamped a second sentiment (SU) on a scrap piece and added it to the bottom left corner.  I added this panel to a Powder Pink panel embossed with SU Subtle EF (ret.) and then to a white card base.

I will also link this to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as this is the first time I used that cute bunny.

 
 
and to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge (my first time playing in this challenge)
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn
 

18 comments:

  1. So very cute - I love the colours you have used -= that green sky is wonderful, Thank you for joining us at HLS atg Birthday Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, this is darling, JoAnn - it sure made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, JoAnn!! I LOVE that adorable bunny. The soft gray and pink are so lovely together, especially with the scalloped edge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness! I just love that speckled egg ink for your clouds. I need to remember that as these are spectacular. This bunny is perfect for a little girl's birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable birthday card. Your bunny is so cute and the sentiments are perfect for your image. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the direction you took with the cloud colors, it's paper and art and we can do whatever colors we want. Darling card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet card - that image is just adorable! Love those green clouds too

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this little bunny floating on his flower and what a pretty sky! This is adorable, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This could not possibly be any sweeter! What an adorable card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the soft blue color for the sky, and it matches well with the cute, soft bunny too. Cute and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. JoAnn this is just the sweetest card with the pretty pastel look! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! 💕 Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete
  12. JoAnn, what an adorable little bunny floating in the clouds. Cute card. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet design JoAnn, I'm sure the little girl would have loved it, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very sweet JoAnn! This is one of my favourite PB stamps! Love the soft look you've achieved!Thanks so much for sharing with us at PB Saturday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card, JoAnn, and your delicate sky is perfect for the cute bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your sweet bunny!!!!! And of course, she's holding a flower. Beautifully done JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is so cute ..... love the bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the adorable image you chose to go with your sky - so terrific! What a fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.