Thursday, July 21, 2022

Seize the Birthday - Purple, Blue and Green

 Hello friends.  We have a new challenge at Seize the Birthday and Colleen has chosen the colors, Purple, Blue and Green as our "Toppings" option.

 

I strayed from my usual floral card and made one with balloons. I  thought it was a good choice for the colors (although flowers would fit perfectly also).  I dug out this older set from MFT( Party Balloons)  and stamped the balloons in Blueberry Bushel, Granny Apple Green and Highland Heather inks, then die cut them with the matching die.  I also stamped the confetti in the same colors.  The balloon strings, stamped in black, and the confetti were stamped on the white panel and then I embossed it with SU Tasteful Textile EF.  I glued the balloons on flat.  The sentiment is cut with an Impression Obsession die set in Highland Heather and Blueberry Bushel.  I die cut 2 sets and layered them for more stability and glued them on the embossed panel.
 


Be sure to check out all the great cards using these colors by the Design Team over at Seize the Birthday.  I hope to see you in our gallery.

Happy Stamping.
JoAnn

 

8 comments:

  1. JoAnn this is an amazing birthday card, your three balloons are perfect and you know, they could go to a man person (I am not even going to try to label people other than they way I was raised!) I mean, masculine or feminine works for this card! thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will say I was totally surprised that you did't use flowers, JoAnn. Love this direction for sure! Everything is perfectly placed and I love that the background has a bit of texture! Great Birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card JoAnn and a great use of the colours, your blueberry bushel colour made me think of blueberries, I have a blueberry stamp that would work with these colours too! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your balloons are so fun and festive, JoAnne! The texture in the background and confetti add to the celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and I love the way that you got the colors in your card for this challenge. I was not able to comment as we were on vacation and I could only comment as anamouyous. Then we got Covid and I am just now getting at the to do list! Glad that you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet card! I love the balloons and the confetti. Perfect for a fun party! Even the sentiment is a perfect fit! Awesome card, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These balloons are awesome! So fun and cheerful. Love the little swirls and the great sentiment too. What a great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.