Thursday, July 7, 2022

Seize the Birthday - Metallic

 Hello friends.  We have a new challenge for you at Seize the Birthday and Cathy has chosen Metallic for our "Topping" option this time.  Of course, the only requirement is that it has to be for a birthday.

We are also welcoming a new Surprise Party Guest - Karren Johnson.  You can find her blog here.  Glad to have you joining us Karren.


For my card I cut Memory Box Happy Birthday Posh Script from metallic paper from a Tim Holtz pad. I backed it with a white die cut for more sturdiness.  I also cut the flower center from the same metallic paper.  The flower is from Memory Box Layered Fresh Flowers.  I cut two of the large flower from pink cardstock from my stash.  I love the detail in the die cut.  I shaped the petals and glued them in the center only and then to the lt. blue rectangle, which has been embossed with SU Tasteful Textile EF (retired), and mounted with foam tape  The leaves were punched with a retired SU punch.  The pink pattern paper is from my stash, sorry I don't know who it is by.  I added some clear rhinestones for a final touch.

Be sure to check out all the amazing cards by the team and I hope to see you in our gallery at Seize the Birthday.

I will link to Dies R Us July Challenge - Anything Goes (with dies from Dies R Us)(Both of the Memory Box dies are from Dies R Us)

Grab our Badge!

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a great day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

12 comments:

  1. Love the details in this pretty flower and the metallic center that matches the sentiment! Wonderful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mix of soft pinks and blues with the golden sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turned out really pretty. Love that pink flower too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty script on this sentiment. It looks 10 times better in metallic. So glad that you are BACK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back my dear! Nearly each element on your card has a texture. Love this, JoAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card JoAnn, love the metallic sentiment, gorgeous font too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sentiments always look so classy in metallic, and I love how you’ve added a metallic centre to the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That flower is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges. Julie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. JoAnn, welcome back, we have missed you and your beautiful floral arrangements! This card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the detailed flower die cut myself. A lovely way to include metallics in your card, JoAnn, And a beautiful card as well. Glad to have you back! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just gorgeous JoAnn! The flower die is stunning and looks amazing in pink. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great patterns & colours - I love the gorgeous flower and the metallic sentiment. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.