Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Happy Birthday for a friend

Today I am sharing a card I made for a friend.  Can you tell her favorite color is purple?
I love this pretty flower from Gina K Designs Grateful Heart and have used it quite a few times.  I colored it with SU Highland Heather Blends and Granny Apple Green Blends for the leaves. I added Wink of Stella to the flowers for a little sparkle - it shows up in the photo below.
I added the flowers to a die cut oval with the sentiment form SU Beautiful Bouquet, matted with a black scallop oval.  Added 3 small pearls and mounted the oval with foam tape.  The pattern paper is Highland Heather from SU Subtles. The top white section is embossed with SU Basket Weave EF.

I will link this to The Flower Challenge #35 - use your favorite flower, as this is one of my many favorite flower sets.  I love making floral cards.

Thanks so much for stopping by, your comments are greatly appreciated. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely combination from top to bottom, JoAnn - and the purples are charming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty shade of purple too, JoAnn! Love that basket weave embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the purple blooms and the stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JoAnn, this card is stunning. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet your friend absolutely loved this card, I certainly would!! Love the texture of the basketweave embossing, just want to touch it. And the stripes create a wonderful backdrop to the beautifully coloured flowers too. Its a stunning card and I'm so glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.