Thursday, August 22, 2019

CAS Mix Up - Paper towel

I finally tried the paper towel technique for the CAS Mix Up Challenge. This is a fun technique to try.  I used the paper towel technique, die cutting and stamping.


Yea, This card was one of the Outstanding Design picks at CAS Mix Up Challenge.
I was trying some spray mists I have had for ages and had wiped some up with this paper towel and started to throw it away, when I remembered the paper towel challenge over at CAS Mix Up so gave it a try.  The paper towel was wet so I just laid it on some Bristol Smooth card and pressed it down and this is what I came up with.  You can still see the texture imprint from the paper towel.  I will have to try this technique again.

I used MFT Rectangle Peek-a-boo Window to cut out the center of my white panel, cut with a SU Stitched Rectangle die, and placed the inked piece behind it.  I die cut Memory Box Glorius Floral Stem from white card and added it with foam tape for more dimension.  The sentiment is from SU Beautiful Bouquet stamped in Melon Mambo to match the color of the inked panel.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and such a pretty effect from the paper towel transfer technique. Isn't it great to use something that would have been popped into the bin before using it?
    A wonderful example of a CAS card with a fun technique. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with your beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! And to think you almost threw it away! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work with the paper towel transfer JoAnn! Aren't you glad you didn't throw away that paper towel??!! Gorgeous and colourful background that really stands out with the all white framing and die-cut. Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great job of getting the texture and color from that paper towel, JoAnn! Love it and the pretty die cut flower! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, JoAnn. I love this idea of using a paper towel to transfer not only color, but a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly a beauty. Beautiful texture and I love that the sentiment is in the same colour. The white bloom was a smart choice to show that fabulous texture. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely design JoAnn, I love every detail. Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.