Thursday, May 23, 2019

The Flower Challenge - Embossing

This is my second post today, scroll down for my Seize the Birthday card.
I am linking my card to The Flower Challenge #32 - Embossing (heat or dry). I used both heat and dry on my card.
I made this card for a special friend using my new Technique Tuesday Fresh Peonies set. The flowers and sentiment are from the same set.  I stamped the flowers with Versafine Onyx Black and then embossed with clear embossing powder.   I colored the flowers with SU Calypso Coral Blends and the leaves with Old Olive Blends.  The panel is cut with a SU Stitched Rectangle die and matted with Calypso Coral card.  I mounted this panel with foam tape to a panel embossed with SU Tulip Border EF (retired).   Then it was mounted to  a Calypso Coral base.  I added Wink of Stella to the flowers to match the shine of the embossing.  You can see it better in the photo below.


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

5 comments:

  1. This card reminds me of the peonies that grew in my grandmother's yard. Just the right color too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The coral borders make wonderful frames for the embossed tulips and beautifully colored peonies, JoAnn. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and elegant friendship card! Coral is one of my favorite colors and your peonies are such a beauty! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so YOU with the beautiful blooms, the layers and the frame! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful combination using the embossing folder and the stitched dies. The flower looks just like the ones currently in my garden and in the vase on my table. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.