Hello friends. Since I am making Christmas cards at the moment, I thought Michele's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #751 was perfect to use for one so this is what I made.
I had this Lawn Fawn Stitched Poinsettia already made from SU Cherry Cobbler cs and wanted to use it. I added 3 small gold gems to the center. For the background I embossed a panel of white with Spellbinders Vintage Ornaments EF and glued it to the white card base. I cut a panel of green using MFT Stitched Rectangles and shortened it to a square by running it back thought my Big Shot and then mounted it with foam tape. I cut Altenew Burlap Texture Die from SU Crumb Cake and added that to the green square - it is larger than the small square in the sketch, but I hope it is o.k. I then added the poinsettia and some leaves cut from a different green and the sentiment - a Betterpress Sentiment from Spellbinders. One more card to add to my Christmas stash.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful day.
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

CAS and just lovely JoAnn! Hugs. :0)
ReplyDeleteJoAnn, there is nothing 'small' about that wonderful woven square! In fact, it makes such a statement! Your entire card is a gorgeous Christmas creation using my sketch this week! Thanks so much for playing along!
ReplyDelete=]
That mesh panel worked beautifully as one of the squares in the sketch, JoAnn. The poinsettia is a lovely focal point.
ReplyDeleteWow! Such a beauty. I love that burlap die for the sketch and all the texture on this is fabulous. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!
ReplyDeleteJoAnn, that poinsettia was just waiting to be used for this week's FMS sketch! There is no right or wrong size for that textured piece--it looks perfect to me! Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Freshly Made Sketches!
ReplyDeleteThis is a gorgeous Christmas card JoAnn! The texture and patterns work so well with that beautiful poinsettia. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry that I'm so far behind on visiting and commenting. I'm not sure where the time goes! I'm glad you found the perfect place to show off this beautiful poinsettia! I may be CASEing this one.
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty. Barbara
ReplyDelete