Sunday, June 9, 2024

Happy Birthday for Two Challenges

 Hello friends.  I have a birthday card to share today.  I made this one with two challenges in mind - Color Hues (Blue & Yellow) and The Flower Challenge - Sketch.


I used SU Pacific Point for the center panel and embossed it with one of SU new Fun Patterns EF.  I gently dragged my white ink pad across the embossing so it would show up better and I like the added dimension.  I then added 2 narrow strips of black card to the back and mounted it to my card base.  The flowers from SU Happiness Abounds (ret.) was stamped in Memento black ink and colored with SU Daffodil Delight blends.  I added a black enamel dot to the center of the large flower, and then mounted them with foam tape.  I added 3 white die cut leaves from SU Cottage Rose (ret.).  The sentiment is also from the Cottage Rose set -  I angled the ends and added foam tape to the right side and glue to the left side over the flower.  I really like the finished card, it will be going to a good friend at church.

 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.
 
Happy Stamping,
JoAnn

6 comments:

  1. This is such a lovely card, JoAnn. The embossing folder has a wonderful pattern and the white ink makes it shine! I also love the delicate die cut leaves of the pretty yellow flowers. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL card JoAnn! I love your embossed strip in the background with the added white...makes it stand out beautifully, and your yellow blooms with the open white leaves are GORGEOUS!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at both Color Hues and The Flower Challenge...lovely, lovely card!! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white and blue background, how clever to use your EF then add the white. It's the perfect background for those pretty blooms, thanks for linking up at Color Hues. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yellow flowers are so beautiful, JoAnn, and they look right at home on the blue embossed panel. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your yellow flowers against the blue background, JoAnn! You've nailed both of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very pretty, JoAnn! Love that EF and that technique of added the white is one of my favs! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues, try and stay cool this summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit and leave your comments. They make my day and are appreciated.